Thursday, July 24, 2008


Butterflies

On Monday I went to Put-In Bay which is an island in Lake Erie. They had a nice butterfly house. Just as nice was the wooden carving out front of it. If you held still, a butterfly might land on you and that was suppose to bring you good luck. The children are not my grandchildren but they sure had the luck.

I am currently keeping my three younger grandchildren ages 11, 9 and 7. And the dogs Tess and Betsy are still here. They are good kids and we are having a good time. Grandma has different rules and one is that they are on vacation while here so some rules about how much TV, video and game time is extended. They also help me with things and then we went to the river path for some exercise. The older ones have wave boards. If you haven't seen a kid use one of them, you really must. The youngest one has a scooter that he really can move with. Yup, they do use helmets.

It is always interesting to see them experience what a different home is like. They have been living in AL for the last two years so they haven't been here for a while. One of them told me she really liked my "cool" ice cube things and the way I popped them out. Oh me, she has only seen refrigerators with ice makers. Really, I'd like one of the automatic ones.

I remember one time a few years ago when I took a basket of clothes out to my clothes line to hang up. It included sheets. My young grandson watched intently and then asked if I was making a fort. "S"

I'm busy enjoying my grandchildren but hope to get back to some sewing and blogging next week.




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Norma said...

And if Grandma is like this Nana, she is sure sleeping good at night! LOL How great to have this time with them, your rules and your fun. Enjoy!

When I worked at the school, I took our air pop popcorn popper to school to make popcorn for a special snack. The kids thought the only way you could pop popcorn was in the microwave. They were thrilled and loved to watch it. Then there was my ex DIL, who was all concerned because she didn't have a microwave to cook her hot dog.........and was so surprised that there were other ways to cook them in doors...........(I do miss that girl somedays! :) )

Libby said...

Have a wonderful time with your grandkids . . . every moment it precious and special.
It's great they are being exposed to such 'new fangled things' as ice trays - my personal preference *s*

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What pretty butterflies and pretty grandchildren! You are so blessed! blessings, Kathleen

Hunter said...

It looks as though you're having so much fun. I have no idea how you're keeping up with three visitors. ;)

Thanks for leaving a comment. It feels good to "come back to life."

It'll take a while for me to get back to posting pics. I also am redoing my condo so I can't even get to my quilting or my knitting.

Take care and thank you so much for posting. I've missed you.

Darilyn

Granny Lyn said...

Isn't it the most wonderful having the grand children?? we have so much more patience and time with them than when the "children" were growing up.

Enjoy the special times!