Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Recovery
Afraid I didn't expect the recovery from my partial knee replacement to be so difficult. The knee itself was not the problem but the calf muscles were. Apparently they were very stressed during surgery and have been cramping constantly. Lots of meds and physical therapy. Tomorrow will be three weeks and I move from home therapy to out-patient which is to include some muscle treatment. And I can drive. And my anticoagulation meds stop and I can restart my arthritis anti-inflammation med. So today I'm saying goodbye to my struggle and looking forward to better days.

Dear Daughter
Everyday I'm so grateful for three wonderful children, but today I am especially grateful for my daughter who has spent the last three weeks with me. She used a week of her vacation (the rest was comp time) and came from PA. She was wonderful the whole time, and not just with the cooking and laundry, but with dealing with all the medical issues and keeping my spirits up. I am an independent person and it was hard for me to accept that I needed help, but I did and what a lucky person I am to have such a caring daughter who knew it, regardless of what I said. Thanks to her will never be enough, and to her family too.

Back to Quilting
So this morning my daughter left MI for her home and job in PA and I am moving from struggling will my medical problem to finishing my recovery. When I was able, I've really enjoyed reading so many very interesting quilting blogs. Beginning tomorrow I'll be back to writing. BS


2 comments:

Finn said...

So good to see you again Katie!!! And isn't it wonderful to have a daughter who has become such a wonderful woman and friends as well being a good daughter..*S*

Glad you are on the road to doing what you choose. The replacements are not that easy a piece, but necessary. And so it's good that those of us who have had them, don't say too much.

I didn't have the trouble with the calf muscles, but the calf itself, swelled like crazy making it hard to get the full bend that is needed.
Looking forward to you posting agin..Hugs, Finn

Hunter said...

So glad that you're feeling better Katie. :)

Darilyn