Wednesday, December 12, 2007


This and That

I'm back in my FL home after dog sitting for my DD's dogs for a few days. The bottom pic is one of her dogs. Sorry I didn't get a pic of the other one. Everything went fine. It was very hot (86 degrees) but I hate to complain knowing the miserable weather up north and out west. I was pretty lazy. I read Ordinary Heroes which I'd been meaning to do for some time and really enjoyed it. It is a novel but has a solid historical foundation (WWII). Very well written. It amazes me all the work an author does to research the facts in a book like this. Before Kipper and I came home, my DD gave him a hair cut. It is not easy to do with all his layers of fur and hair but he is much cooler now.

A bit ago I went to an arts and crafts show/sale. I just had to buy several things. I guess I'm a real sucker for hand made items. I prefer to call it having an appreciation for individual creations of all sorts. Anyway I bought some things including the bench in the first pic. I had the snow man figure from a prior sale and he needed a bench. This is my porch and I have a pot of basal and a some chives growing.

A bit ago a saw this kitty fabric in a store and just had to have it. It is washed but not ironed but you can see how cute it is. I showed it to my DD who reminded me I didn't have any very young grandchildren any more. (Youngest is almost 7.) Gosh, I liked it myself. Maybe I'm getting to my second childhood. No idea what I'll do with this fabric but I have it.

When I got home, I had lots of mail including a card and Santa to finish making from Finn. It was so exciting. I have always liked gifts that let me make something with them and I have tended to choose them for children's gifts too. As a child I liked paper dolls, paint sets, beads to string and fabric to weave. Oh, lots of books too. My family is definitely a book family.

I've got fabric out on my dining room table that is converted to cutting and working table but not sure what I'll do or when I'll do it. Hope everyone's holiday plans are coming along fine.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That bench caught my eye right off!
Great find. And that doggies is doggone cute!

Magpie Sue said...

Cute fabric, but the dog is even cuter!

Hunter said...

I love that cat material, too. I have some cute cats snorkeling that I'm going to use in my next quilt if I ever finish the Hexagon Charm.

Cheerful fabric is good for anyone of any age, don't you think?

Hugs,
Darilyn and Tigger, too.