Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Water, Water everywhere

I am borrowing two sayings that Finn posted today. They are "Life is what happens while you are making plans." and "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"

I'm not equating my MI basement flooding to Finn's eye problems, but the saying are so perfect for me today.

Yup, my sump pump went out and the basement really flooded before my neighbor found it. They have pumped it out and got the furnace working again. I've called insurance and getting people to clean it out including the spoiled food in the freezer. The water was at least 18 inches deep and all appliances are out. Oh, well, just stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that doesn't sound fun at all. At least there's insurance and you have people to do the clean up. Hopefully it will get better from here *s*

Joyce said...

Flooded basements are no fun. Ask me, I know. The insurance did pay for our clean up though and for ruined things and when we re-did the basement we put in a sauna and shower so it was not all bad. Not much fun right before Christmas though and the spoiled freezer contents may be the worst.

Anonymous said...

yuk! guess you'll be having fish for a while rather thanthings from the freezer (giggle giggle) :-)

Patti said...

Oh Katie - I'm so sorry! At least you'll have insurance to pay for a lot of it - at least it sounds like it. Just what you didn't need this time of year I imagine.