Monday, August 20, 2007


Quilting Done

Very poor pics. Sorry. All the stars I quilted do not show up due to the variegated thread. I ran close, too close for comfort, with having enough thread for the word part of the quilt so I used a light gray on the blue border and it worked fine. The utility quilting caused more puffiness than line quilting. Actually I liked it but I ironed it with lots of steam to flatten it out some. Hoping it will hang better that way. It is ready for binding now. Still not sure of name for it. I'd sure like to finish it today so must be off. Hope I have some blue I can use for binding.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Libby said...

It is just wonderful - I wish I could vote for it when it's shown *s*

kimberlym said...

I just have to say I think your quilt is wonderful. I have been following your progress and I just think it is spectacular! I also have been practicing Tonya's letters but mine do not look as great as yours. I love the look of all the space words and the stars that you quilted on the top give it a perfect touch! It's just fabulous!

Angie said...

Your quilting may not show up but that's a wonderful quilt! You should be delighted with it! And I hear you about the quilting in undies with fans blowing and icepacks on the feet!!! ROFL

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

The quilting isn't the important thing about this quilt, so it doesn't matter if it's not noticeable. It's the incredible job you've done with the words that's important!

Hedgehog said...

This is SO cool! Sorry I missed watching it come together while I was away this summer.