Monday, August 06, 2007
Pictures don't show it at it's best, but here it is! It was really hard to square and I had to clear out my ironing board and sewing machine to put it on the floor to do this. I added a red stopper and the star fabric border. The red is some trim I bought back when Hancock went out of business. It is now 72" x 65". The border is the color of the bottom section in the last pic. Eventually, I'll get a good pic. Did you notice a new word? I added another - Vanguard. It is the second artificial satellite successfully placed in orbit by the U.S. (1958). It was the first solar powered satellite and is still orbiting Earth. That makes it the oldest artificial object in space. Yes, I have found the information about the words very interesting. I found making the letters easy and much faster when I started making two letters at a time, instead of sewing off to a scrap and then sewing more on one letter. The first time doing "S" and "R" required some thinking, but I can turn them out easy now. The best part was how creative they let me be. Truly playing. It takes a lot of background fabric and there is some waste. Also a lot of thread, at least it seemed like it. Since I used different letter fabrics, it only took a little of each. Now it needs ironed up good with lots of sizing and then to the sandwich process, which I'm not looking forward to. I have no idea what to do about the quilting.