Saturday, May 12, 2007


Applique

Yesterday I went to a local guild show. There were pieced quilts but my eye and camera saw applique everywhere. Information goes top to bottom. The Katie in the top one is not me. :(

"Celestial Dream, Katie Olive, Owner
This quilt was made for Katie by her mother, Ruth Schultz. Ruth saw the block of the month pattern at the IQA Festival in Houston. Despite the fact that this quilt was a different style for her, she loved the colors and design. During one of her trips to Houston she appliqued 110 small circles that appear on the left side of the quilt. Once those were done, she realized that the rest of the quilt wouldn't be so hard to finish. She was making a simpler version for her daughter's friend , Mary, when she died March 23rd of this year."



"Poppy Garden, Helen Blankenship
This quilt was made from a kit found at an antique shop in St. Louis, Missouri. It is hand appliqued and hand quilted by Helen Blankenship. It was made in 2003-2004."






"Baltimore Album Tribute, April Yorks
This Baltimore Album quilt was begun in 1992 in a class taught by Audrey Derscha. The blocks were completed over a period of 2-3 years and then sat in a pizza box waiting for inspiration. Last summer I put the top together and Missy at stitch'um was able to quilt it for me. I want to thank Audrey for teaching me to applique. It has filled my life with joy."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: