Sunday, June 25, 2006


Bits of Old Fabric
I found some bits of old fabric I took from a pile of things a friend of mine was throwing out a few years ago. Someone had given then to her years before. I wonder if some of it, especially the middle blue piece, is from the 1940's.

Saturday I stopped by a local antique store. I like to just wander though and look. I hadn't been there for a while. It is amazing the things that are there from the 1970's and 1980's that are now considered "old". I guess we should have kept everything, huh?


Today I worked on my sea green quit but am not happy with how it pattern is developing. More on that later.

For the next couple days I'm going with my local senior center on a bus trip to Chicago to see the King Tut exibit.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Finn said...

Going to miss you while you are gone, but what a great opportunity to see that exhibit!!! Lucky you!
I'm thinking the fabric bits aren't quite as old as the 1940's. I think the yellow with the clowns probably 1960's...and I absolutely adore the frog on the lilypads..LOL TOO CUTE!!
I enlarge the picture, and my best guess is that the white piece in the lower right corner(next above the clowns and touching the small yellow piece is the oldest one there..reminds me of the yardages that were sold in the 20's and 30's...but it's hard to tell with out seeing and touching them. SO glad you rescued them!!

When I am working "scrappy" I don't hesitate to mix in vintage fabric right along with the new stuff.