Friday, June 23, 2006

Catching Up
Thanks Finn for the suggestion. I already have documented several of my old quilts with the State of Michigan. They are way way behind in getting this info into the system but I'm really glad they are doing it.
Several of you have made mention of Gwen Marson. Do you know or remember Mary Schafer? I have seen Mary and her quilts here in Michigan and am so glad that Michigan State University has purchased most of her collection of quilts. It is so good to know that they are well preserved and used for historical and cultural study. I remember seeing Mary on television in the1970's.

Today was a beautiful day here. Not to hot and dry but cloudy. I just had to spend time in my garden pulling weeds. It was perfect conditions after the soaking rains we had recently. I should do a repeat tomorrow but also want to quilt.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi Katie,so glad you made a connection to get your quilts recorded. Of course their makers never had a clue that they would end up revealing history..*VBS*
And what that reveals is we really, really need to put those labels on the backs of the ones we make..*VBS*
Glad you got some rain, it has all gone north or south of where I am. The grass is actually beginning to look alittle brown. We could use a good soaking rain, preferably overnight. Have a great weekend!!