Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21
This is not a date I like to see come around. It means the amount of daylight is going to start getting less and less. I hate to think about that happening as I like the "long" days.

Today I sorted and picked up my sewing room. This is a job I hate but was really needed. It's still not done but some progress made. I did put up a second one of those wooden things with pegs made for spools of thread. I hang a lot of things besides thread on them. I like to have everything out where I can see it. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just get rid of some of my plastic shoe boxes of beads, lace and various other things.

I have been fighting some kind of itchy rash. I got it last summer too. It must be something I'm allergic to from my garden but I don't know what. It keeps breaking out in different places all over my body. Anyway, I got a shot and some stronger cream for it so hope it goes away VERY soon. :(

My son's family is moving from Michigan to Alabama. Sometimes I wonder if all of Michigan isn't moving out. This GM and Delphi mess is bad. Anyway my son got a very good job but now all the hassle of finding a house, selling a house and finding a school for the kids begins.

My nine-year-old DGD was very upset about the move. It reminded me of the six times I moved during my school years. I'm sure it toughened me up but had disadvantages too. All my kids went K-12 in the same school system. Anyway I will be going back to stay with my grandkids in a bit.

Nice soaking rain today so I didn't have to water the garden. And nice and cool for sleeping.

5 comments:

Rae said...

I came to your blog through Finn's blog.
I would like to comment on your blog from Juen 12th. The quilt that is sort of like appliqued wreaths or dresden plate type. I think that it might not be regular muslin but feed sacks as in the kind horse oats came in. My Grandmother used them for a lot of things such as Quilting, sheets (2 opend & sewen together down the center made a single (twin) bed sized sheet), table cloths and many other things. That might account for the 2 shades of white. One of the reasons I think this is the texture of the material. It looks courser then muslin of that time.

Katie said...

By enlarging it, I see what you mean. I don't know anything about old fabric so sure apreciate your in put.

Linda C said...

Katie, where in Alabama for your son and his family? You mentioned GM, we have several automotive manufacturers here now--if he is in the industry. In fact, the Honda plant is about 10 miles from me.

I can identify too with your DGD having a problem about moving. My dad is a pastor and we had several moves as you did--the last one being right before my senior year in high school. That was truly he pits.

Love your quilts, you lucky duck.

Finn said...

Hi Katie, so to be passing through so late..but better late than never, right?? *G*

Yup, no doubt about it, change is hard!! Hugs for everything, Finn

P.S. The additional troubles I am having with my eyes this year seems to be an allergic thing..makes me wonder about our atmosphere.

Laurie Ann said...

Better not get rid of that stuff. You know you'll find the perfect project for it a month after you get rid of it!!!! :)