Tuesday, June 20, 2006


More Old Quilts
These are pictures of two old crazy quilts that were among my mother's things. They were not valued and were in very poor condition when I got them.



I have no idea how old they are or who made them but I believe they were made by a member of my family.

There are close up pictures in the next postings and more quilts too.

Getting out these old quilts to take pictures to show you has been good. I enjoyed seeing them again and it was good to get them refolded and all put away in the good acid-free boxes I bought. Thank you for enjoying them with me. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Katie I love the crazy quilt with the heart appliques! I'm guessing from the photos they are from the 1910-1920. I have a similar one from that period but it doesn't have the fun appliques! (widh is wasn't packed so I could send a photo :(
Siobhan

Judy said...

Katie, as I mentioned all my gradnmothers quilts hit the trash, but I did get some blocks from her that I must use some day.

Yours are wonderful!! I love that you have sooo many!!