Sunday, February 12, 2006

About Me
I'm a cautious person when it comes to exposing my identity. I've had my identity stolen, and although I was lucky enough to have the person apprehended, it was a lot of trouble and scary too. I now buy things using my credit card over the internet but can't come to doing my banking on it. So I wasn't sure how much I wanted to expose on this blog, but after reading many other blogs, I think it must be safe.

So here goes. I'm a snowbird, flying to Florida in the fall and back to Michigan in the spring. I went on Medicare last month - another step in life which I hated to face. I read recently that life continues to be a struggle. Yes, as the years evolve, the struggles change but the very definition of life is this series of challenges and adaptions. Rather than be angry or sad, I embrace them. They are opportunities to grow and know. One of the many words to describe me is an optimist.

I have always liked creating with needle and thread or sewing machine but only started quilting after I retired eight years ago. Actually, I'm a topper. I haven't counted how many, but I've made a good number of quilts and will tell about them later.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Thank you for sharing of yourself with us..*VBS* It must be indredibly hard after having your identy stolden...I can't even imagine.
I think it's good to be careful. I began using Finn as a screen name back in the late 1990 when I first went online. I'm I also use a Yahoo email account for just that reason. I do use a credit card online, but since I'm on the low end of the comsumer food chain, it doesn't worry me as much. I wouldn't be comfortable doing banking online.
Nice that you can get away to Florida for winter months. I used to live in Michigan, in the thumb area, when DH first graduated college. Our two oldest children were born there...it's a nice place, but WI is home..*S*

I also just went on Medicare, having turned 65 in October...oh my, the joy of it..LOL. But a person navigates it eventually. And it's part of the cycle of life..and on we go..*VBS* Hope you've had a good weekend.