Tuesday, February 14, 2006

No Electricity
Okay, playing violins for me being cold in FL is one thing, but turning off my electricity is another. :) Yesterday my electric power went off for five hours. Why? Who knows. Of course everything including my heat is electric. Serves me right for keeping my thermostat set on 63 degrees. My 22 year old moble home only has single pane glass in the windows. Even the new houses in FL think insulation is a sheet of aluminum foil and it was 40 degrees outside when the power went off. The sun was out and my temperature only dropped to 60 during the five hours. How come I hear violins playing again? :) Really, I know it's no fun loosing electric in those storms up north, but at least I have a generator there to keep my gas furnace running!

What do you do when your power goes out? Here's what I did.
1. Took a shower before the water got cold
2. Cleaned with the swiffer and dust cloth
3. Pet and played with my dog
3. Cleaned with the swiffer again (dog sheds)
4. Read story in Reader's Digest
5. Appliqued and cut up some fabric
7. (I had a nap planned but the power came back on so got my sewing machine humming.)

Hunting up batteries for my portable radio caused me to remember this.
You Know You Live In Florida
* If you have more than 300 batteries in your kitchen drawer.
* Your phone has FEMA's number on speed dial.
* One whole closet is reserved for bottles of water.
* You describe your house to a prospective buyer by saying it has three bedrooms, two baths and one safe hallway.
* You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows.
Happy Valentine's Day!
This is a vest I made many years ago. I only wear it once a year but the T-shirt I wear every week.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Guess I stuck the compliment about the vest and tshirt in the wrong place..LOL..oh well..*VBG* I love the post about you know if you live in Florida..LOL. I think you did well without power, but too funny reading it...LOL

Great sense of humor..love your blog. Would it be alright if I link you to mine? It involves putting your blog addy in my sidebar. Come over and take a look if you want to..I have Morning Ramble and a few other favorites there..let me know if it's ok..*S*