Monday, February 13, 2006

Soup's On
I'd like to complain about it being cold here in FL but I'm sure all the violin music from up north would hurt my ears. LOL Really I hope everyone up there is doing okay. We did get some frost here and it probably affected the tomatoes and other garden stuff. The tomatoes were just coming in after the plants being destroyed and replanted after the hurricanes. They protect the citrus and strawberries with water but not the vegetables.

Yesterday was a great day to stay inside and sew. I worked on my oriental one and did some applique on another one. Also made chicken noodle soup. I make good soup, if I do say so. The trick is making good stock. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any Amish noodles here in FL. Another thing I need to bring with me next year. They do have all kinds of Mexican food ingredients here that we don't have back home. These are other soups I often make: vegetable beef, potato, minestrone, split pea and bean. Did you know that there is a law that Michigan pea bean (navy bean) soup must be served in the U.S. Capital Building cafeteria every day? One of my goals for this winter was to make a cook book, including stories. It is just for my family. So far I've written only one story and recipe about hot dogs. Oh well, my goals are just directions to head in. I know I'll take side roads and to me, it is more important to enjoy the journey then to reach the end.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Great post..I just finished a bowl of vegetable beef soup..to be topped only by my love of beef barley soup..*G*

I know the Navy bean well , having lived in Michigan..it's a good bean!
Glad you found some time to sew..always a good day when that happens. I like the vest, but the t-shirt rules!!