Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer Thoughts

I have a definite plan for my sea green quilt and got some work done on it. When I discovered I was ripping out the correct piece, I knew it was time to stop for a while.

How do you keep your house cool? I have a well insulated house with thermal windows. Also have an attic fan that comes on automaticly when it gets up to a certain temperature. And a basement so I run my furnace fan which circulates air from the cool basement throughout the house. And I love my ceiling fans. I have one in my living room, den, sewing room and just got one in my bedroom. Other than fans, I don't understand why they don't make any attempt to do anything to keep houses cooler in the South. My Florida home gets really hot.

What is your favorite cold beverage? Well, actually mine isn't really a beverage, but is crushed ice with snow ice flavoring over it. I use the sugar free kind that I get at WalMart and love it. Just wish I had a refrigerator that made the crushed ice. My dog Kipper also likes ice. I gave it to him when he was about four months old and cutting teeth. He really liked it then. Now he only chews on ice cubes when it is hot. I also like a good ice tea.







1 comment:

Fiona said...

Sounds good to have all those fans - here in the UK we don't seem to be set up for when it does ever get hot (like now)except in offices and shops where there is air conditioning. The house I grew up in had stone floors so that was pretty cool in the summer (I should explain that there was carpet on them, before you get the wrong idea :-)