Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Around The World
This is a small (44 x31") quilt I made a couple years ago. I took a class and most of the ladies made bed-size quilts. My original plan was to make this throw for this couch but I never would have been able to finish a big one. It was interesting how you substracted and added to make the design, but not creative. The creative
part was choosing the fabrics. I started with some from my stash and purchased more. I had recently redecorated my den and the backing matched the ivy theme.






The squares are 1.5" each finished.
I quilted it myself on my sewing machine. Just used stright lines but they worked great. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Finn said...

A very nice couch quilt, and it does look like alot of work!! You did a great job on picking the fabrics....it's very attractive.