Sunday, May 28, 2006


Letters
This is my first try at Tonya's letters. They came out really big. I wanted them to fit on a regular size pillow to go with my GD's quilt but they were so big I had to push to get them on. The "K"is 11 inches high. I really like this background as the many seams blend right in. This is the same fabric that I used to widen the quilt. I bought it in Manitowoc, WI last summer and really love it. I had no idea what I would do with it but I'm so glad it ended up in myDGD's quilt. The back is also this fabric. I was very short of the blue fabric and had to make a lower case letter "I" but I like the way it looks. Posted by Picasa

Before I made the big pillow, I made the small one seen in this picture. I plan to make at least one more but I'm not sure what it will be.

3 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Katie, the pillows with your new letters look great...opps, that should be "pillow", the other smaller one is great too!!!!
I love the background color you chose, it just vibrates! How about a Grandmother's Choice block or a round of Grandmother's Flower Garden to applique on??? Aren't I just "too too" helpful...LOL
Hugs, Finn

Hunter said...

I love the placement of the letters. So cheerful, too.

Darilyn

Tonya Ricucci said...

I LOVE your letters. The overlap is fantastic - I love that too. Having to scooch them in together made it more interesting - the little i works so well. Excellent job.

I think you are correct - that is a good background for disguising seams.

And lovely job on the quilt too - quilts without patterns are the best.