Monday, May 08, 2006


Rest of the Sewing Room Quilt
I had a hard time finding a backing fabric but finally found a yellow in the discount rack. Perfect.

I had it long arm quilted just before I went to Florida last fall. I really like the loops we chose.

The other day I cut the binding from the yellow and discovered I hated it on top. So.... in my stash, I found a piece of one of the blue fabrics in the quilt. The problem was that it wasn't big enough for the double fold binding I alway use. Yesterday I decided to just make a single fold binding. Today I sewed it on all in one step. I sure wasn't very good at it and only got the hang of it at the end of the 380 inches. The quilt is 118 inches long and 72 inches wide so it fits nicely, including covering a pillow, on the single electric bed I have in my sewing room. See the blog before this for a picture. Sorry about the confusion. I don't seem to be able to put more than three pics on one blog. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Finn said...

I think that yellow you found is perfect for the backing, but a good call not to use it on the front. I think it would "fight" for dominance with the other softer colors.
Great looking quilt design too!!