Monday, May 01, 2006

Tulips
The tulips in my garden, which I am viewing from my easy chair, have been with me for many days. I love tulips but they never last long enough. For some reason mine have stayed extra long this year. I think it is just to help me through my recovery from my knee surgery.

I keep thinking about sewing projects but they all seem just too overwhelming at this time. It took me a week to get enough energy to sew on a missing button to my pajamas. And I felt that was quite an accomplishment.

I'd been thinking about appliquing something and yesterday I just did it. Just one block and no idea what it is for. Now it is thrown over a chair back. Anyway, I am pleased with it and I am so glad I did it.

I like to do diminional applique where I just improvise by folding, scrunching and whatever. It's hard to show in a picture, even a close up.
Most of all, I enjoy creating with my quilting. I have made a few quilts following a pattern but usually I modify the pattern to fit my desire at the time.

I don't know when I'll get another day where I'll be inspired to create but I know there will be another day. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Katie, you are right!!! Your tulips are just beautiful..and such a happy combination of colors.

Maybe the cooler spring has helped them last longer, but it sure could be a special treat just for you..*VBS*
The applique looks awesome! I really like the tulip block. Maybe it could be the side of a lovely tote bag?? I'm sure you'll find just the right project for it. Hugs, Finn

Hunter said...

I don't know which is prettier, the real flowers or your applique.

You did such a wonderful job of capturing the spirit of the flowers.

Thank you for sharing.

Darilyn