Thursday, August 10, 2006


Amish Community

I'm not sure which order these posts are going to appear so ....
Here is a buggy and I just had to take a pic of this horse. He not only has blinders for the cars passing him but the neatest fringe for keeping flies off his face.
The bottom pic is from the same shop as my other post. It is c.1930, I wondered about the pink and green colors. The pic is pretty close to the actual color. The shop also had some individual old blocks that I was temped to buy but didn't. I have permission to take all pics I'm posting.

I also visited a marvelous fabric shop and did buy there. And another quilt shop with new hand made quilts. So more pics to follow tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patti said...

What did you wonder about the pink and green? It's very true to the era if that's what you mean. Typical 30's solids.